About Our Furniture
How is our furniture different?
We are proud to build our furniture without flame retardants, formaldehyde or other harmful chemicals. In low-quality or mass production upholstery, these chemicals are typically found inside foam cushions or applied to exterior fabric in order to avoid fungal growth during overseas shipping.
Our cushions are made with renewable, soy-based foam that are free of:
- Ozone depleters
- PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants
- Mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
All of our fabrics are made without flame retardants or anti-fungal additives. Lastly, we meet or exceed all national or state-level product safety standards, including CA TB 117-2013.
How do we follow green manufacturing practices?
From our family owned factory, we are committed to eco-manufacturing practices. We work to source sustainable materials wherever possible for our furniture. These include:
- Frames made of responsibly sourced hardwoods meeting the standards of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative
- Springs made of recycled steel
- Cushions made with renewable, soy-based foam which partially replaces petroleum based ingredients
- Water-based, low-VOC glues and stains used whenever possible